Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wimbledon Update: Day 2


Day 2 at Wimbledon:
Serena scared me a little by dropping a set. But, ever the champion, she served her way out and won it in three: 6-3, 3-6, 6-1. It was so great to see her back on court. All the commentators are predicting she'll have a hard time during this tournament, since she's been gone for so long. But I have a feeling that she'll make it all the way to the finals. She always performs amazingly well in majors. Go for #5, Serena!

Djokovic looked liked the amazing player he's been all year and won easily: 6-4, 6-1, 6-1. I love his new game, serve and confidence! If for some reason Nadal gets knocked out, you better take it all, Nole!

World #1 Caroline Wozniacki had a shaky start, but her vigilance paid off. She beat down Arantxa Parra Santonja 6-2, 6-1. Caroline doesn't have a lot of umpf to her game. But give her time and steadily, she wins. I'm still not convinced that she should be ranked #1 and has yet to win a major, but no one asked me when they came up with ranking system.

The infamous Isner/Mahut rematch! As I guessed, someone (Isner) won it in straight sets: 7-6, 6-2, 7-6. Mahut didn't seem like the same Mahut from last year. And Isner made some great shots. Let's hope he does well next round, too.

Soderling struggled a little bit, but pulled it out in four sets: 6-4, 6-4, 2-6, 7-6. Eh, Soderling is my least favorite player besides Federer, so I would have been okay if he lost.

Oh yeah, Fed won.

Roddick rocked it in straight sets -- 6-4, 7-6, 6-3 -- and had 30 aces! He's looking good and I hope he goes far this year.

Sharapova also beat down her opponent, Anna Chakvetadze, 6-2, 6-1. She look confident and I like it. Though, I'm still hoping Serena wins it all.

Azarenka advanced after Magdalena Rybarikova had to retire. But Vika was already leading with a set, so I think she would have advanced anyway.

What a great day 2! I can't wait until day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...