Friday, June 10, 2011

Love letter to the (Evanston) farmers' market


Dear Farmers' Market,

Thank you for returning. I admit, the winter months seemed longer with your absence. But that's behind us. Now that you're back I get to enjoy your bounty each week. I look forward to your sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, crisp apples, tart blackberries, fragrant peaches, tangy cherries, plump blueberries and many more treats. Thanks for making room for the bakeries; I'm a big fan of Bennison's monkey bread. I'll meet you every Saturday morning. Deal? Be kind to my potato guy and the pepper man. Also, thanks for not allowing pets; keep up the good work. I'll try to work it out so the weather stays nice, but I can't make any promises. See you tomorrow. I'll be the one with a satisfied smile on her face.

With love,
Bryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...