Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Get out of here

 (Don't be fooled by the word "sell"; we couldn't sell any of it)

Over the weekend Neal & I did some purging. I'm embarrassed to say that 1) I've had those white bags full of clothes sitting in the bedroom for well over two months and 2) most of the things we donated we've had since we moved in together over 1 1/2 years ago. I guess it doesn't help that while we were going through things we kept stuff after Neal said to me, "Do you want to keep it until the next time we go through it all?" For this trip we took a Honda Accord's worth of random stuff to the local Salvation Army. Fresh Basil & BAL, you would be so proud!

In light of cleaning up, we decided to go to The Container Store to help us organize our guest room closet. Once and for all. Twelve containers and one 10% off coupon later and we're ready to tackle the illusive closet. You know the one. The space in your house where you just put things and you never revisit it. Well, all that's about to change. Right after we move the containers from the living room where they've been sitting since we got home on Saturday. Baby steps, right guys?

Have any of you taken the joyous trip to donate unwanted/unused things lately? Isn't is a great feeling? I should do this more often. At least that's what Neal tries to tell me.

If you look closely you can see Neal peaking around the giant pile of crap stuff (upper right-hand corner).

4 comments:

  1. Yay, good job! I'm going to do some of this over the weekend in preparation for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I'm sure you're much better at it than me. But I'm getting better every time I go through things. Have fun purging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every closet in our house is "that" closet. Except maybe the one in the dining room that we use as a pantry. I bought an e-book called "30 Day Clutter Boot Camp" and have yet to actually begin. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, baby steps! I think it helps to do small things because something gets done, but you don't feel too overwhelmed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...