Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still or Sparkling


Neal & I just got this SodaStream. It carbonates water. And it's a-mazing! I was not always a fan of sparkling water. In fact, I'm a recent convert. For Lent this year, I gave up soft drinks, something I have done almost every year since I was 17. In the past, once Lent was over, I went back to my beloved Coke. (As my HS & college friends will tell you, I love Coke. In HS, I was given coke as a present from my Big Lantern (essentially my Big Sister). And for my birthday freshman year at Elon, my hall-mates got me a Coke body pillow. True story.)

This year, once Lent was over, I waited almost a week before I had a sip of Coke; I wasn't really missing it. And to my surprise, it tasted a little sweet. But I love carbonation, so I was craving the bubbles. I decided to give sparkling water another try. After one sip, I was in love.

I was able to use my sister's SodaStream during the birthday bash weekend and I was sold on getting one for myself. Luckily Neal, who has loved sparkling water since forever, agreed. It's really the easiest thing in the world. Fill the carafe to the fill line, refrigerate water, load carafe into SodaStream, pump the lever a few times and voila - you have carbonated water.


Come on by and I'll give you a refreshing glass. I can't tell you how excited I am to use this for parties!

4 comments:

  1. We got this as a wedding present last year -- one of my favorite gifts ever! Perfect for gin & sodas, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love! I want to try the ginger ale syrup. My sister had some and it seemed like the only good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to invest in one of these. Maybe for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...