Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Prettiest


Today The Best Colleges put out a list of The 50 Most Amazing College Campuses. To no one's surprise - at least no one who went there - Elon University was ranked #1. Elon is a registered botanical garden, has green grass even in the height of winter and plants 26,000 pansies a year. Can you tell I used to be a tour guide?

I adore Elon and love the campus. It's gorgeous. When I came to Chicago I was thoroughly under-impressed with the college campuses here. I'm a sucker for brick, what can I say? And limestone happens to be a big hit here. I was a little surprised that Northwestern made the list (#47, but still on the list). It's a great school, but aesthetically, eh. Students are allowed to tape posters to the sidewalks to advertise for groups or upcoming events. I can't get over that. It makes the campus look trashy. And I know Elon would never allow that. I guess NU has the lakeside going for it. Oh, and my husband's getting a degree there.

Here's to all the beautiful campuses out there, even if you can't be #1 like Elon!

Shout outs to:
#8 College of William & Mary (Go, Craig!)
#14 University of Chicago (Yay, Mar!)
#15 Indiana University-Bloomington (Indiana cousins, yeah!)
#17 University of Virginia (Lizbeth & Matt!)
#18 United States Naval Academy (Woop, woop, Temple & Jen!)
#23 Gettysburg College (Woo hoo, Jenn!)
#26 Cornell University (Way to represent, Ashley!)
#27 University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Huzzah! Jill & Corty!)

I guess my friends and family have really good taste.

2 comments:

  1. Craig is a W&M grad, btw. I can't BELIEVE his school beat mine at something. This is war!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I momentarily forgot that! I updated the post. Sorry Cornell lost to W&M. I'm staying neutral in this war.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...