Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Everyone


Today Neal & I are jet-setting to the great Commonwealth of Virginia. We're heading there to throw a dual birthday bash for my grandfather, Poopa, and my mom. Poopa turns 90 on May 5th and my mom turns 60 on May 3rd. The party is on Saturday, which actually happens to be Neal's 27th birthday. (I gave him his gifts last night; more on that in a post to come.) And Sunday is my brother-in-law's birthday. Needless to say, we have a lot of taureans in the family.

One wrench in the plans that all of my siblings and their spouses have been putting together since January: last Monday (April 18th), Poopa got into a tractor accident. More specifically, he was tinkering with his tractor, it jumped into gear and ran over him. He was in the ICU for six days and then transferred to a step-down unit. He'll be discharged to a skilled nursing facility with a rehab center either at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Unfortunately, it looks like he'll miss the party. Sad. But I think there are plans to skype him in. Hooray for modern technology!

Naturally we invited 250 people to this party. If that seems like a lot, you haven't met my family. Since everyone loves Poopa and knows about his accident, we're expecting a mighty turnout. It'll be a spectacle for sure. I'm personally looking forward to the yummy Ukrop's cake. Too bad we couldn't get a Costco cake, right BAL?

Here are so awesome photos of Poopa and my mom at Neal's & my wedding. Enjoy the weekend and see you next week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love me some Costco cake!!! But only for a little bit, then you have to put ketchup on it so you don't eat too much :)
    Have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, Neal talks about getting Costco cakes all the time. They are so good. I remember the ketchup! We had a good time!

    Julie, we had so much fun, but it was exhausting, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...