Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Something to make you happy


On this cold and dreary April day, I keep thinking of the cold and dreary days of November. The days get a little bit shorter with every sunset. The temperatures drop a few more degrees every night. It's still dark when the alarm goes off. It gets to be a little harder to get out of bed in the morning. But these days in November are bearable because the holidays are in the air. Everywhere you turn you are reminded that a feast is coming up and soon after that, everything is red and green.

It's not November - thank goodness! But I thought it would be a good time to remember things I am thankful for. Because after all, aren't we always saying we shouldn't be thankful only that one day in November?

I am thankful for...
1. A productive and relaxing weekend. I did four loads of laundry, shopped for some new workout gear and cleaned the kitchen. I also watched Who Do You Think You Are on Demand, the final men's and women's matches of the Sony Ericsson Open and took a nap.
2. The promising weather. We have a forecast this week that includes 60 degrees!
3. Easter right around the corner. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. And this year, I think the program at church will be especially fantastic. The music director is retiring after many years of faithful service. This is his last hurrah and I know the music will be spectacular.
4. A fun surprise in the mail. The youth pastor at my church, whom I work with every week as we wrangle the youth group, sent Neal & me a night out (just to say thanks!): a gift certificate for dinner, a gift certificate to the movies AND coupons for local businesses. Such an unexpected and lovely surprise!
5. Time with friends. This weekend Neal & I get to hang out with a very special couple. We always have fun with them and can't wait to celebrate their wedding in July!
6. The L man. Most mornings and afternoons I ride the L and the same conductor is driving. His name is Rodney, I think, and he says awesome things like, "May the force be with you", "I'm a little crazy sometimes, but I'm still a nice guy" and "Good luck in school, Loyola". He also waves and smiles to everyone as he's pulling into the station. How can you not like that?
7. I can walk to work (soon). Since it's finally getting warmer, I can start walking to work. I am really looking forward to it. 
8. It's not November! I am so excited it's Spring.

This list just made me really happy. What are you thankful for this April? I bet if you make a list, it'll make you smile!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet thank you present! This is a great, list, Bryn. So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Bryn!!

    This is my first time reading your blog and Jeff and I were mentioned on it!! So exciting!! We're pumped to hang out with you and Neal on Saturday night!

    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for reading my blog, Colleen! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...